Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Tribute to Our Teacher

A Tribute to Our Teacher is a video that I found on Teacher Tube. In this video, High School Spanish students pay tribute and give thanks to their teacher, Amy Haney. It was created by Jesse Depinto. I found this video to be very interesting and creative. The video is divided into sections; each devoted to give thanks to the teacher for something learned in the Spanish class. It presents several clips from activities that the students did in class. I was amazed to see how involved the students were. These activities, including typical games, reminded me of those that I played as I grew up in the Dominican Republic. More importantly, it reminded me of many games and activities that I can integrate into my instruction to engage students in the learning of a foreign language. Through this video, I learned to admire the teacher as well. She seems to be a very dedicated teacher willing to do whatever it takes to help her students learn Spanish. Also, this video provided me with further resources such as, www.sparkenthusiasm.com, a website that she created which contains links to many other resources that Spanish teachers can utilize to make learning process more enjoyable for all.

No comments: